Role and Responsibilities - Highway Maintenance Worker/Patroller
The Highway Maintenance Worker works as part of a team that is responsible for performing general highway patrolling and maintenance duties that help preserve the EEC (East End Crossing) roads and ensure public safety. This position will provide support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year around.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Patrol the EEC limits in order to be aware of any incidents with Users, identify and defect or needs and report them to the OMM Manager.
- Minimize delay and inconvenience to Users
- Remove debris, including litter, graffiti, animals, and abandoned vehicles or equipment from the project right of way.
- Performs systematic inspections of assets as scheduled by the OM Manager.
- Operates highway maintenance and traffic equipment to maintain highways and right-of-way;
- Performs manual labor in the maintenance of highways, bridges and other highway facilities.
- Winter operations include snow and ice removal; CDL required
- Move and load supplies and materials;
- Maintains, repairs, and installs traffic signs, route markers, and pavement markings;
- Performs emergency response activities such as: clean-up, traffic control, lane closures, placement of signs, and erecting barricades;
- Performs equipment maintenance such as: minor repairs, preventative maintenance, refueling, and pre-trip and post-trip inspections;
- Shift work may include long-term night shifts and work schedules in which employees change or rotate shifts.
- Filling out reports and forms maintaining accurate records of daily operations.
- work outdoors in various weather conditions, on various terrains and at various heights or in high volume traffic
- stand for an extended period of time; work independently and make job related decisions
- Maintenance of buildings and grounds including janitorial work
- Fill out appropriate form and reports (paper and/or electronic) and complete computerized data input.
- Work at heights as well as cleaning and inspecting bridges
- Operate commercial vehicles with required Commercial Drivers LIcense
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Valid CDL is required, class B or higher, or ability to obtain within 90 days.
- Required to submit to and pass a drug test as a condition of employment.
- Must be able to respond to the O&M Facility within 30 minutes of notification
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. frequently and regularly.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools.
- Motivates crew members to improve the quality of work performed.
- Teamwork and good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, dependable, common sense and ability to make good sound judgement
- Mechanically inclined and able to do equipment servicing and light repair
- Heavy equipment experience
A background check will be made for all applicants. All applicants subject to drug and alcohol testing.
WVB East End Partners, LLC is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at WVB are based upon one's
qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a
particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard
to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical
conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic
information, or any other characteristic protected by law.